Effective date: 25th March 2022
Persons provide their personal data:
- first name;
- last name;
- organizational affiliation;
on a voluntary basis (consent).
2. Data Controller
Data controller is BioSistemika d.o.o., Koprska ulica 98, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
3. Data Protection Officer
4. Purpose of Processing of Personal Data & Legal Basis for Processing
BioSistemika d.o.o., as the data controller, may process the personal data following purposes:
- sending a newsletter to persons subscribing to the newsletter, whereas a person may opt-out from the subscription at any time (consent of the data subject);
- reply to inquiries sent by persons (consent of the data subject);
- scheduling meetings (consent of the data subject);
- sending persons information regarding products and services (consent of the data subject and legitimate interests of the data controller).
Personal data for the purpose of sending persons information regarding products and services may be processed based on the legitimate interests of the data controller. When launching or advertising any of its products or services or when sending information regarding existing products or services, promotions etc., BioSistemika, d.o.o. uses the contact and other information of persons, provided directly by the person as the data subject, for direct marketing purposes.
5. Categories of Recipients
Recipients of personal data will be employees and contractors of BioSistemika, d.o.o. and subcontractors BioSistemika d.o.o. uses for provision of certain data management services.
6. Retention Period
BioSistemika, d.o.o. will process the personal data no longer than necessary in order to achieve the purposes of processing.
7. Rights of Data Subject
Data subject has the following rights in relation to their personal information, if applicable:
- to request access to personal information and information related to BioSistemika, d.o.o.’s use and processing of data subject’s personal information;
- to request the correction or deletion of data subject’s personal information;
- to request that BioSistemika, d.o.o. restricts the use of data subject’s personal information, if technically viable;
- to receive personal information, which the data subject has provided to BioSistemika, d.o.o. in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. an Excel spreadsheet) and the right to have that personal information transferred to another data controller (including a third party data controller), if applicable;
- to object to the processing of data subject’s personal information;
- to withdraw data subject’s consent to BioSistemika, d.o.o.’s use of data subject’s personal information at any time where BioSistemika, d.o.o. relies on data subject’s consent to use or process that personal information. If the data subject withdraws consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of use and processing of data subject’s personal information on the basis of consent before the point in time when the consent was withdrawn.
Data subject can exercise the rights by writing to the e-mail address written above.
Data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in case of a suspected misuse of personal data.