SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – M/F
Location: Maribor, Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a senior software developer to join our ranks.
As a senior software developer, your job will be twofold: firstly, you will be leading the development of individual software projects within the company. This mainly includes coding, maintaining the technical architecture/vision of such projects, performing code reviews, mentoring junior developers and anything else that ensures the quality & delivery of the projects.
Secondly, you will also be involved in early phases of software development projects for customized turnkey solutions for our key customers. This normally includes having technical discussions with the customers, proposing technical architectures and solutions to their problems, writing technical requirements & specifications, choosing the best technology and setting up the application architecture per use case of customer’s needs.
Required experience and skills
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience, including web applications development
- Technical leadership – you must be experienced in solving technical problems, see technical challenges before the development team, and provide solutions before the team hits a blocker
- Excellent communication skills – you are expected to be a strong influencer, and be good at managing expectations, as you will interact with management, as well as with our customers in the early phases of projects
- Good people skills – you are expected to demonstrate trust, be honest, just, empathic, be able to motivate others, give credit and/or constructive feedback when necessary, resolve inter-personal conflicts, and be able to distribute work to other people without micro-managing them
- Familiarity with the quickly-growing DevOps/cloud segment, e.g. Amazon AWS, Heroku, Azure, big-data (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra), containers, Kubernetes, analytics & machine learning (TensorFlow, …).
- Good understanding of project management in software development projects and product development process; know in-s and out-s of software development lifecycle
- University degree from the field of computer information sciences, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or related natural sciences (or a good reason for not having one)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to make fast decisions
- Passion about software technologies – you should be naturally curious about new technologies and frameworks, follow trends in IT industry, and have a vision of how to utilize these technologies in our or our customer’s products and to transfer this knowledge to the team
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN, …)
- Excellent knowledge of English – you will be using it every day
Nice to have skills
- Understand the importance and/or have experience with IT compliance (ISO27001, etc.)
- Experience of delivering highly scalable, hosted, multi-tenant, high-performance, 24×7 solutions
- Experience developing applications that communicate/integrate with external devices/hardware
- Experience with Internet of Things
- Experience/interest in Big Data
- Leading individual projects’ development activities on critical project/s for key customers, and ensuring the quality & delivery of such software development projects.
- Planning the developers’ activities; mentoring developers to fulfil their full potential; knowing the strengths and weaknesses of individual developers.
- Being involved in early phases of software development projects for customized turnkey solutions for key customers. You will be choosing the best technology and setting up application architecture per use case of customer’s needs.
- Communicating with key customers and support the sales department for most important deals.
- Developing and maintaining processes and best practices for the development department.
- We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
- We offer full-time job position. We have two offices, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and in Maribor, Slovenia. We are generally not looking for full remote work, but are fully remote during the current pandemic situation.
- Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
- Team spirit and general well-being in the workplace are important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues, game-nights, coffee, snacks, and fruit.
- Your education and personal growth matter to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats, etc.), work on pet projects, and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that, we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize in a certain field, or similar.
- Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives an annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.