Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a new QA tester to join our growing team.
You will be joining a team of QA engineers, software developers, application specialists (product managers) and UX/UI designers all eager to deliver software solutions for life sciences laboratories for our global clients.
Current software development projects where your expertise would be relevant include:
- Desktop, mobile and web applications that control laboratory instruments
- Desktop, mobile and web applications for life sciences
Required experience and skills
- At least two years of experience in software testing.
- Technical education e.g. bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, software design, engineering or similar (or a very good reason you don’t have one).
- Experience with writing test cases, scenarios, suites, and the ability to combine them logically.
- Experience in writing descriptive test reports.
- Knowledge of and experience with testing methodologies.
- Attention to details. Careful reader, good listener and meticulous tester.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with bug tracking tools (like Jira).
- Creative and critical mind – able to understand the problem itself, but also the potential impact that it may have on the rest of the software. Able to prioritize.
- Test solutions on time, on budget and according to specifications in short product cycles.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Everything is written (and most things communicated) in English.
- Self-initiative and eagerness for learning new things and self-improvement.
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude.
- Sense of responsibility
- Up-to-date with the latest QA trends, techniques, methodologies and tools.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with Waterfall and or Agile development principles (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience with test automation (e.g. Selenium)
- Git knowledge
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of log analysis
- Sense for design
- Writing, maintaining and implementing test scenarios/test cases and other test deliverables
- Maintain quality of software and testing lifecycle by performing manual (and perhaps automated) testing across multiple browsers and devices
- Document defects, reproduce them and communicate about issues, suggest improvements
- Participate in planning, estimation, and delivery process
- Collaborate and work efficiently as part of a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, product managers and QA engineers.
- We are a young, active and dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
- We offer a full-time job located in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- You will be joining a QA team, which is at the moment still small but you will definitely not be alone.
- Our working hours are flexible, including one work-from-home day per week.
- Team spirit is important so we have company trips, occasional travelogues and game-nights.
- Your education and personal growth matter to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats, etc.), work on pet projects and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that our company policy is also to invest in individual career path development, which also includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more
- Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives an annual summer-holiday bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.