UX/UI DESIGNER – M/F
Location: Ljubljana, Maribor; Slovenia
We are looking for an enthusiastic UX/UI designer to join our young and dynamic team of life scientists, software development, quality managers and sales experts, all eager to deliver user-friendly software solutions for life science to a global market.
BioSistemika is one of the leading companies in the field of lab digitalization. Our main focus is software development for laboratories working in the field of life sciences. We develop our own software products as well as offer our software development services on a global scale.
Required experiences and skills
- At least 2 years of experience in UX/UI design
- Ability to create intuitive user experiences and engaging software design
- Excellent knowledge of relevant tools such as Figma
- Have a quick reaction time
- Transparent communication about timeline and availability and any foreseen issues
- Ability to explain decisions and rationale and at the same time being able to accept constructive feedback from others
- Fluent in English
- Able to work on more projects in parallel
- Adhere to design guidelines
- Enthusiastic for continuous learning in the UX/UI field
- Work efficiently as part of a team
Desired experiences and capabilities
- Experience with visualization of a large amount of data
- Experience with working in software development teams
- Experience with designing desktop, web and mobile applications
- Designing graphic user interface elements
- Develop clickable UI prototypes
- Autonomous, proactive, ingenious, responsible and reliable
- Participate in brainstorming with application specialists and developers to determine which approach to take in terms of UX and UI (sometimes discuss the design solutions with developers to understand the limitations of browsers, windows and mobile applications)
- Contribute knowledge and ideas for simple, logical and user-friendly solutions
- Prepare lo-fi wireframes/prototypes
- Prepare clickable prototypes
- Rarely execute usability tests for evaluation of UX models
- Prepare pixel-perfect designs (using design guidelines)
- Work on improvements or further development designs of existing projects
- We offer a part-time job position (approximately 50%) which can potentially become a long-term full-time position while we grow. If you have any other skills that we could take advantage of (e.g. frontend development, testing…) this could already be a full time position from the beginning.
- It can be employment or freelancing (e.g. retainer contract)
- Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days
- You get your workplace in one of our two offices, located in Ljubljana and in Maribor, Slovenia
- Team spirit and general well-being in the workplace are important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues, game nights, coffee, snacks, etc.
- Your education and personal growth matter to us. In case of employment, you can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new skills on annual training (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats, etc.), and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that, we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize in a certain field, or similar.
We invite you to send us your cover letter (with information about the challenges that you are looking for and what expectations you have from us), CV, and your portfolio to with the job position title you are applying to in the email subject.