.NET WEB DEVELOPER – M/F
Location: Maribor, Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a new .NET web developer to join our ranks.
You will join our web development team responsible for the development of web solutions for our customers.
Our software development teams are interdisciplinary; software developer/s are joined by application specialist/s (people with real lab experience), QA specialist/s, product owner/s, and UX designer/s to deliver quality software.
Our other projects (besides the mentioned platform) also primarily deal with automating workflows in life science labs and interfacing with laboratory instruments, in web, desktop, and mobile setups. Some of these projects grow to turn into extended, larger application suites for specific customers.
As a web developer, you will be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from assisting application specialists with gathering software requirements and writing software specifications, developing, testing, and releasing the software to the customer.
- The main responsibility will be specification, development (and potentially maintenance) of the cloud platform – according to specifications and within time and budget constraints
- Work efficiently as part of a team with other software developers, UX/UI specialists, application specialists, quality assurance and product owners, and external partners
- Collaborate & communicate with our external partners & customers for solving technical & operational issues
- You will also be at times called upon to coach junior developers that join the team
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, languages, software, data, and other related technologies useful for your work and profession
Required experience and skills
- At least one previous employment (software development) in a company setting
- At least 2 years of experience as a .NET web developer (or experienced developer in a similar high-level language e.g. Java, and willingness to switch to C#)
- Familiarity with microservices architectures
- University degree from the field of computer information sciences, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or related natural sciences (or a good reason for not having one)
- Experience in developing web APIs in REST
- Know the inside-out of how the web technologies & stack work
- Understand widely used development concepts such as OOP, design patterns, dependency injection, SOA, MVVM, SOLID principles, etc.
- Familiarity with unit tests
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of basics of software and network security
- Good knowledge of English – you will be using it every day
- Good communication skills – we are collaborating with external partners on the project, and you will be expected to communicate in an efficient, professional, and friendly manner
- Used to work with good development practices such as Code review and awareness of the importance of readable and maintainable code
- Awareness of the importance of QA/QC in software development
- Self-initiative and eagerness for learning new things and self-improvement
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude
- A knack for automating things & seeking ways to improve the work process
Nice to have skills
- Experience with MongoDB or other No-SQL databases
- Knowledge of SQL language & database engines
- Knowledge of container & orchestration technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Knowledge of event streaming & messaging platforms: Apache Kafka
- Experience in the DevOps segment, particularly the Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Python programming language, and microservices built-in Python
- Experience with Swagger and REST API testing
- Experience in developing flexible authorization/permission schemes
- Experience with TypeScript and Angular
- Experience with the Internet of Things
- Passion for TDD
- Knowledge of CSS, SCSS/Sass, and Material design
- We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
- We offer a full-time job position. We have two offices, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and in Maribor, Slovenia. We are generally not looking for full remote work, but are fully remote during the current pandemic situation.
- Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
- Team spirit and general well-being in the workplace are important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues, game nights, coffee, snacks, and fruit.
- Your education and personal growth matter to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats, etc.), work on pet projects, and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that, we also encourage individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, give internal or external talks, specialize in a certain field, or similar.
- Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives an annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.