FULL-STACK WEB DEVELOPER – M/F
Location: Maribor, Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a new Kotlin full-stack web developer to join our ranks.
You will join our development team responsible for the development of a new cloud platform for one of our larger clients. The cloud platform will automate the laboratory workflows, and automate liquid handling in the lab. The platform is very innotavite and ambitious in its approach, and you will have the chance to work with some brilliant minds on the team.
The platform’s technology stack is Kotlin for backend, and React for frontend.
Organization-wise, our software development teams are interdisciplinary; software developer/s are joined by application specialist/s (people with real lab experience), QA specialist/s, product owner/s, and UX designer/s to deliver quality software.
Our other projects (besides the mentioned platform) also primarily deal with automating workflows in life science labs and interfacing with laboratory instruments, in web, desktop, and mobile setups. Some of these projects grow to turn into extended, larger application suites for specific customers.
As a full-stack web developer, you will be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from assisting application specialists with gathering software requirements and writing software specifications, developing, testing, and releasing the software to the customer.
- The main responsibility will be specification, development (and potentially maintenance) of the cloud platform – according to specifications and within time and budget constraints
- Being able to independently research and propose technical solutions to some of the technical challenges that will arise during the platform development
- Work efficiently as part of a team with other software developers, UX/UI specialists, application specialists, quality assurance and product owners, and external partners
- Collaborate & communicate with our external partners & customers for solving technical & operational issues
You will also be at times called upon to coach junior developers that join the team
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, languages, software, data, and other related technologies useful for your work and profession
Required experience and skills
- At least one previous employment (software development) in a company setting
- At least 3 years of experience as a full-stack web developer in Kotlin/Java/.NET (or experienced in a similar high-level language), and willingness to switch to Kotlin
- At least 1 year of experience with React/Angular/Vue, and willingness to switch to React
- University degree from the field of computer information sciences, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or related natural sciences (or a good reason for not having one)
- Experience in developing web APIs in REST
- Know the inside-out of how the web technologies & stack work
- Understand widely used development concepts such as OOP, design patterns, dependency injection, SOA, MVVM, SOLID principles, etc.
- Familiarity with unit tests
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of basics of software and network security
- Good knowledge of English – you will be using it every day
- Good communication skills – we are collaborating with external partners on the project, and you will be expected to communicate in an efficient, professional, and friendly manner
- Used to work with good development practices such as Code review and awareness of the importance of readable and maintainable code
- Awareness of the importance of QA/QC in software development
- Self-initiative and eagerness for learning new things and self-improvement
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude
- A knack for automating things & seeking ways to improve the work process
Nice to have skills
- Experience with WebSockets
- Knowledge of SQL language & database engines
- Experience in the DevOps segment, particularly the Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of container & orchestration technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Experience with payment gateway/billing systems
- Experience with Swagger and REST API testing
- Experience in developing flexible authorization/permission schemes
- Experience with the Internet of Things
- Passion for TDD
- Knowledge of CSS, SCSS/Sass
- Knowledge of event streaming & messaging platforms: Apache Kafka
- We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
- We offer full-time job position. We have two offices, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and in Maribor, Slovenia. We are generally not looking for full remote work, but are fully remote during the current pandemic situation.
- Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
- Team spirit and general well-being in the workplace are important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues, game-nights, coffee, snacks, and fruit.
- Your education and personal growth matter to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats, etc.), work on pet projects, and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that, we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize in a certain field, or similar.
- Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives an annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.