C# .NET DESKTOP DEVELOPER – M/F
Location: Maribor, Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a new C# .NET desktop developer to join our ranks.
You will join our development team responsible for developing customized Windows desktop applications for laboratories. Most of the projects entail integrating with a laboratory instrument (through serial or network communication), and developing a user-friendly desktop solution. Some of these projects grow to turn into extended, larger application suites for specific customers.
Our software development teams are interdisciplinary; software developer/s are joined by senior software developer/s, application specialist/s (people with real lab experience), QA specialist/s, product owner/s, and UX designer/s to deliver quality software.
We are all thrilled to be part of the lab digital transformation; hence, we are often able to incorporate modern technologies into these projects – we often work with technologies such as .NET Core, gRPC, etc. As an extra, we also run mobile & web projects for laboratories, where we try to stay within the C#, .NET/.NET Core, Angular and TypeScript domain.
As a C# .NET desktop developer, you will be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from assisting application specialists with gathering software requirements and writing software specifications, developing, testing, and releasing the software to the customer.
- The main responsibility will be specification, development (and potentially maintenance) of the .NET desktop applications – according to specifications and within time and budget constraints
- Work efficiently as part of a team with other software developers, UX/UI specialists, application specialists, quality assurance and product owners
- Collaborate & communicate with our customers for solving technical & operational issues
- You will also be at times called upon to coach junior developers that join the team
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, languages, software, data and other related technologies useful for your work and profession
Required experience and skills
- At least one previous employment (software development) in a company setting
- At least 2 years of experience as a C# .NET desktop developer (or experienced developer in a similar high-level language e.g. Java, and willingness to switch to C#)
- Knowledge of inner-workings of .NET framework, .NET Core
- University degree from the field of computer information sciences, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or related natural sciences (or a good reason for not having one)
- Knowledge of SQL language & database engines
- Understand widely used development concepts such as OOP, design patterns, dependency injection, SOA, MVVM, SOLID principles, etc.
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of basics of software security
- Good knowledge of English – you will be using it every day
- Used to work with good development practices such as Code review and awareness of importance of readable and maintainable code
- Positive, responsible & make-it-happen attitude
- Awareness of the importance of QA/QC in software development
- Self-initiative and eagerness for learning new things and self-improvement
- A knack for automating things & seeking ways to improve the work process
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of serial command integration/interfacing within .NET, virtual USB ports
- Knowledge of gRPC
- Experience with Prism framework
- Experience with Linux, Raspberry Pi, and how .NET Core runs on Linux
- Knowledge of containerization technologies, Docker
- Experience in developing flexible authorization/permission schemes
- Experience with the Internet of Things
- Passion for TDD
- Experience in one of cross-platform mobile frameworks (Cordova/Ionic/Angular stack, Xamarin, Uno platform or similar)
- Experience with embedded software development (e.g. Qt, C++, GTK or similar)
- We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
- We offer full-time job position. We have two offices, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and in Maribor, Slovenia. We are generally not looking for full remote work, but are fully remote during the current pandemic situation.
- Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
- Team spirit and general well-being in the workplace are important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues, game-nights, coffee, snacks, and fruit.
- Your education and personal growth matter to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats, etc.), work on pet projects, and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that, we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize in a certain field, or similar.
- Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives an annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.