APPLICATION SPECIALIST – M/F
Location: Ljubljana, Maribor; Slovenia
We are looking for a new application specialist to join our growing team of life scientists, software developers, quality managers and sales experts, all eager to deliver software solutions for life science to a global market.
BioSistemika is one of the leading companies in the field of software development for laboratories working in the field of life sciences. We develop our own software products as well as offer our software development services on a global scale, particularly to the US and European markets.
Required experiences and skills
- PhD, MSc or BSc from the field of life sciences or related natural sciences
- Practical experiences with diverse laboratory techniques (e.g. precise pipetting techniques, molecular biology,…)
- Project management skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Organized and analytical
- Teamwork skills
- Good communication skills (clear, accurate, effective and friendly communication and good listening skills)
- Comfortable in using computer software (MS Office, Cloud applications, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of English – you will be using it on an everyday basis
Desired experiences and capabilities
- Previous experience with working in a company
- Love working with diverse life scientific software tools and interested in new software solutions
- Experience from the software development life cycle
- Eager to learn new things and eager for self-improvement
- Autonomous, proactive and ingenuous
- Leadership capabilities (Project team)
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude
- Driving license category B
- Contribute knowledge and ideas for simple, logical and user-friendly solutions about functionalities implementation on the software
- Communication with customers regarding software design and specifications
- Defining and writing requirements and specifications for a variety of laboratory software solutions
- Writing other documentation required by regulatory standards or as part of the project management
- Managing the people and working on the development projects
- Working efficiently as part of a team
- Communicating with the development team (the link between customer and developer)
- Testing software and writing test reports
- Support to marketing and sales (e.g. attending sales meetings with serious customers)
- Consulting / identifying needs and advising customers
- We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
- We offer a full-time job position. We have two offices, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and in Maribor, Slovenia.
- Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
- Team spirit and general well-being in the workplace are important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues, game nights, coffee, snacks, etc.
- Your education and personal growth matter to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new skills on annual training (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats, etc.), and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that, we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize in a certain field, or similar.
- Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives an annual summer holiday bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.