Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a new UX/UI Designer to join our growing team.
You will be joining a team of software developers, application specialists (product managers), QA specialists and UX/UI designer all eager to deliver software solutions for life sciences laboratories for our global clients.
Current software development projects where your expertise would be relevant include:
● Desktop, mobile and web applications that control laboratory instruments.
● New features and improvements of SciNote, a modular SaaS software continuously developed in an agile way for managing laboratory experiments and other research related activities for researchers/scientists/technicians.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- University degree in Experience Design, Visual Design, Informatics or equivalent field required.
- At least 3 years of professional UX design experience, with an emphasis on product and interaction design for SaaS, mobile applications as well as desktop applications.
- Care for details: we try to build and obey design systems.
- Passion for UX and designing interfaces that effectively serve the needs of the user.
- Experience in user research, defining requirements, scenarios, user stories, user profiles, user flows, process flows, conducting usability tests.
- Experience in converting lo-fi wireframes into design mockups and clickable prototypes.
- Experience with style guides and assets hand-off for developers. You will be in touch with the
- Skills with tools like Figma, Axure, Zeplin. Sketch and InVision will be a plus.
- Creative visual skillset: being able to translate complex technical and business concepts into
- Self-initiative and eagerness for learning new things and self-improvement.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude.
- Deliver solutions on time, on budget and according to specifications.
- Demonstrable UI design skills (with portfolio preferably) – visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Design and improve user experience of existing and new projects.
- Conduct and analyze usability tests to validate assumptions.
- Prepare wireframes, mockups and clickable prototypes.
- Collaborate with application specialists (product managers), who will use your mockups in specifications.
- Communicate your design to developers and ensure design standards are transferred to software developers and maintained during implementation.
- Work efficiently as part of a team of developers, designers, product managers and QA specialists.
- Experience in working according to Agile development principles, e.g. SCRUM
- Familiarity with formal user research and usability testing methodologies
We are a young, active and dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
We offer full-time job located in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
You will be joining a UX team, which is at the moment still small but you will definitely not be alone.
Our working hours are flexible, including one work-from-home day per week.
Team spirit is important so we have company trips, occasional travelogues and game-nights.
Your education and personal growth matters to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats etc.), work on pet projects and suggest improvements. In addition to that our company policy is also to invest into individual career path development, which also includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities.
Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.