SENIOR SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a senior software solutions architect to join our ranks.
As a senior software architect, you will be involved in early phases of software development projects for customized turnkey solutions for our customers and our internal software development projects. You will be choosing the best technology and setting up application architecture per use case of customer’s needs. As such you will also interact with customers in early phases of projects. You will also be defining the software & infrastructural architecture of our flagship product, sciNote (SaaS) to best suit business goals, development team expertise and follow industry trends.
We’re looking for
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience, including web applications development
- Technical leadership – you must be natural leader in solving technical problems, see technical challenges before development team and provide solutions before the team hits a blocker
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills – you are expected to be strong influencer and excellent negotiator as you will also interact with our customers in early phases of projects
- Broad technical expertise – you should have expertise and experience across a wide range of technologies, e.g. Java/.NET (Client-side, Server-side, Security APIs, Web development, MVC, ORM, …), modern web languages (React.js, Angular.js, Vue.js, Ruby on Rails, Python, Golang, Scala, Elixir), Rest/JSON, SQL (PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, …), Single Sign-On (SSO), HTML5, Testing frameworks, etc.
- Technical expertise in quickly-growing DevOps/cloud segment, e.g. Amazon AWS, Heroku, Azure, big-data (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra), containers, Kubernetes, analytics & machine learning (TensorFlow, …).
- Good understanding of project management in software development projects and product development process
- University degree from the field of computer information sciences, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or related natural sciences (or a good reason for not having one)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to make fast decisions
- Passion about software technologies – you should be naturally curious about new technologies and frameworks, follow trends in IT industry, and have a vision of how to utilize these technologies in our or our customer’s products and to transfer this knowledge to the team
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN, …)
- Excellent knowledge of English – you will be using it every day
- Being involved in early phases of software development projects for customized turnkey solutions for our customers and for our internal software projects. You will be choosing the best technology and setting up application architecture per use case of customer’s needs.
- Defining the software & infrastructural architecture of our flagship product, sciNote (SaaS) to best suit business goals, development team expertise and follow industry trends.
- Being critical in providing valuable feedback and direction on management level to other heads of departments, challenging business goals with technological implications, and also be vocal and proactive in setting up a long-term technological strategy/orientation of the company.
- Communicating with key customers and support the sales department for most important deals.
- Developing and maintaining processes and best practices for the development department.
- Growing a development culture inside the team according to your vision
- Understand the importance and/or have experience with IT compliance (ISO27001, etc.)
- Experience of delivering highly scalable, hosted, multi-tenant, high-performance, 24×7 solutions
- Experience developing applications that communicate/integrate with external devices
- Experience with Internet of Things
We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
We offer a permanent full-time job position, with a six-month probationary period, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia (we are not looking for remote work).
Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
Team spirit is important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues and game-nights.
Your education and personal growth matters to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats etc.), work on pet projects and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize into a certain field, or similar.
Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.