.NET SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
We are looking for a new .NET software developer to join our ranks.
You will join our development team responsible for developing customized turnkey desktop and web applications for our customers. Our applications are mostly tailored to automate various workflows in life science labs, and integrate with the laboratory instruments.
Many of our projects are small-scale (up to 6 months) where project team is small – often, 1-2 developer/s are joined by an application specialist (person with real lab experience) and QA specialist to deliver the software. Some of these projects, however, grow to turn into extended, larger application suites for specific customers.
As a software developer, you will be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from assisting application specialists with gathering software requirements and writing software specifications, developing, testing, and releasing the software to the customer.
We’re looking for
- At least one previous employment (software development) in a company setting
- At least 2 years of experience as a desktop or web application developer
- At least 2 year of experience with C# (.NET), or alternatively, Java
- University degree from the field of computer information sciences, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or related natural sciences (or a good reason for not having one)
- Understand widely used development concepts such as OOP, design patterns, SOA, MVC, …
- Knowledge of SQL language & database engines
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of basics of software security
- Good knowledge of English – you will be using it every day
- Used to work with good development practices such as Code review and awareness of importance of QA/QC in software development
- Self-initiative and eagerness for learning new things and self-improvement
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude
- Knack for automating things & seeking ways to improve the work process
- Main responsibility will be specification, development (and potentially maintenance) of desktop or web software solutions for our customers in the .NET framework – according to specifications and within time and budget constraints
- Work efficiently as part of a team with other software developers, UX/UI specialists, application specialists and quality assurance
- Collaborate & communicate with our customers for solving technical & operational issues
- You will also be at times called upon to coach junior developers that join the team
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, languages, software, data and other related technologies useful for your work and profession
- Experience developing applications that communicate/integrate with external devices (e.g. on a .dll/jar level, using drivers & firmware from the device vendor)
- Experience in good UI&UX practices for desktop application development
- Experience with developing web applications
- Experience with optimizing, normalizing database management systems, queries, transactions
- Experience with Internet of Things
- Passion for TDD
- Experience with Continuous integration development
- Experience in working according to Agile development principles, e.g. SCRUM
We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
We offer a permanent full-time job position, with a six-month probationary period, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia (we are not looking for remote work).
Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
Team spirit is important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues and game-nights.
Your education and personal growth matters to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats etc.), work on pet projects and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize into a certain field, or similar.
Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.