We are looking for a new full-stack web developer to join our ranks.
You will join our development team responsible for developing customized turnkey web applications for our customers. Our applications are mostly tailored to automate various workflows in life science labs, and integrate with the laboratory instruments.
Many of our projects are small-scale (up to 6 months) where project team is small – often, 1-2 developer/s are joined by an application specialist (person with real lab experience) and QA specialist to deliver the software. Some of these projects, however, grow to turn into extended, larger application suites for specific customers.
As a full-stack developer, you will be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from assisting application specialists with gathering software requirements and writing software specifications, developing, testing, and releasing the software to the customer.
We’re looking for
- At least one previous employment (software development) in a company setting
- At least 2 years of experience as a full-stack developer in Ruby on Rails, or 3 years of experience in a comparable modern web stack
- University degree from the field of computer information sciences, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or related natural sciences (or a good reason for not having one)
- Knowledge of SQL language & database engines
- Understand widely used development concepts such as OOP, design patterns, SOA, REST, microservices, MVC, …
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of basics of network software security
- Good knowledge of English – you will be using it every day
- Used to work with good development practices such as Code review and awareness of importance of QA/QC in software development
- Self-initiative and eagerness for learning new things and self-improvement
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude
- Knack for automating things & seeking ways to improve the work process
- Main responsibility will be specification, development (and potentially maintenance) of web applications for our customers – according to specifications and within time and budget constraints
- Work efficiently as part of a team with other software developers, UX/UI specialists, application specialists and quality assurance
- Collaborate & communicate with our customers for solving technical & operational issues
- You will also be at times called upon to coach junior developers that join the team
- Experience in any of the following web stacks:
- Python / Django / Pyramid
- js / Node.js
- Phoenix / Elixir
- Experience setting up & configuring web application server/s for the web stack of your choice
- Experience setting up & configuring webpack
- Experience developing applications that communicate/integrate with external devices (e.g. on a .dll/jar level, using drivers & firmware from the device vendor)
- Experience with Babel, TypeScript, Elm or similar
- Experience in good UI&UX practices for web application development
- Passion for TDD
- Experience with Internet of Things
- Experience with Heroku & Amazon cloud services
- Experience with Continuous integration development
- Experience with Docker platform
- Experience in working according to Agile development principles, e.g. SCRUM
We are a young, dynamic team that originated from a startup environment.
We offer a permanent full-time job position, with a six-month probationary period, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia (we are not looking for remote work).
Our working hours are flexible, including work-from-home days.
Team spirit is important to us so we have company trips, occasional travelogues and game-nights.
Your education and personal growth matters to us. Every employee can expand knowledge, skills, learn about new tools on annual trainings (conferences, webinars, workshops, study retreats etc.), work on pet projects and suggest improvements. We also provide a company Udemy license for all your e-learning needs. In addition to that we also offer individual career path development which includes promotions for employees who are willing to take on more responsibilities, specialize into a certain field, or similar.
Salary and financial benefits: in addition to salary every employee receives annual summer-holiday-bonus and end-of-the-year incentive.